#1 User is offline   Jo! 

• Bronze Post Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • LocationTasmania
  • tielskept:
    2 female tiels, Darling and Molly

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

My beautiful little Gorgeous passed away this morning. I will forever remember her as just the sweetest little girl who lived all her life with a disability. Not a major one, but her back or neck was always awkwardly bent so she could never sleep the same as other birds.

She was my little black-eyed, precious little girl with such a ladylike, gentle nature. She loved it when I sat near her cage talking to her, or just reading part of a book, or pouring out my soul. She just loved to hear a voice. Never tame, but simply loving at a short distance.

I had booked her in for another vet appointment today, but alas, she didn't make it that long. She fought to breathe up until her last moment on this earth, but had to give way for her next journey past life. I believe her soul will go on to another beautiful bird who will be very deserving of her quiet, gentle nature, and heal another human.

I have just taken pause in writing this, time for the tears to flow now after holding off all day. She was there for me for so long, longer than many pet budgerigars. She has seen me throughout all of my worst time in life which lasted way too many years. And now, as if she knows I have healed, she has decided it is safe to leave me and move on allowing me to find life again without her.

My other birds know there is something different but are doing way better than me.

My final pic of her, not my last but the one I choose to post. Taken while she was so ill, but shows her colouring up so well.

Posted Image

My final farewell to you, my precious little Gorgous
Posted Image

Molly and Darling, not great friends yet

#2 User is offline   Paul 

• Gold Post Award
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationHazelbrook, NSW Australia
  • tielskept:

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Jo. It's always hard to lose a pet, but even harder when it's one you've had for so long.
:rip: Gorgeous. :sad:

Posted Image

For Lovers Of Tiels

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Caroline 

• Crazy Bird Lady :P
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Premium Global Moderator
  • LocationTamworth NSW
  • tielskept:

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

hope you are ok Jo, its sad to lose someone that we love so much and at least she passed knowing she was well loved by you :dropwings: :rip:
Flaps and whistles from Luna, Angel, Rooby Roo, Astro, Star, Comet, Storm, Willow, Wynter, Summer, Freya, Gypsy, Crystal, Raine, Autumn, Echo, Pepper, Orion, Aurora, Neptune, Saturn, Pebbles, Bamm Bamm, Nigel, Snow , Blizzard, BlueBird, and their pet human Caroline~

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   Catherine 

• Global Moderator & Premium Member
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Premium Global Moderator
  • LocationBrisbane
  • tielskept:

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Jo, I am so very sorry you have lost your little budgie. :(

:rip: little Gorgeous.
She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

#5 User is offline   Tim 

• Egg
  • Pip
  • View gallery
  • LocationDeltona, FL. USA.
  • tielskept:

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

Jo, even though I'm new to the forum, I want to pass along my condolences to you. I know sometimes there are few things in life that may bring happiness, but the fond memory of a pet and the precious times you had with them are one of those things that bring happiness. In that memory, Gorgeous will ALWAYS be with you. Knowing that she was ill, I am sure it brought her comfort having you as her mom. If for no other reason, be happy in the fact she is now with a new flock, with no illnesses and flying high above the heavens, and in your heart. Try to be happy in the fact you and Gorgeous were together for your time here. And take solace in the fact you will be together again. :cloud9:

#6 User is offline   Landi 

• Bronze Post Award
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • LocationSheffield uk
  • tielskept:

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

Posted Image Gorgeous So sorry for your loss Jo I cried buckets when our first tiel died Take Care x

#7 User is offline   Jo! 

• Bronze Post Award
  • Icon
  • LocationTasmania
  • tielskept:

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

Thank you everyone for your sympathies on my loss of an old friend. Means a lot to me. I'm having a better day today, not so tired and emotional :flowers:
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Emi  

• Tiel Lover Extraordinaire
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • tielskept:

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

I am really sorry to hear about your loss, Jo. :(

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   lorri 

• Tiel Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationSuffolk UK
  • tielskept:

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

Hi Jo sorry to read that your lovely little girl had passed away. I know how you feel cos I had just lost sky my little blue pied I shall miss him as much as you'll miss your little girl. :hug2: here is my little one Posted Image

This post has been edited by lorri: 20 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

Bali says love me and I'll love you back

#10 User is offline   Jo! 

• Bronze Post Award
  • Icon
  • LocationTasmania
  • tielskept:

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

Ohhh, your little boy is so beautiful. He is my preferred colour in budgies. I have had so many blues, or variations of them. It is always sad to lose a loved pet.

I miss my little Gorgeous girl, but she lived to a very good age for a cage budgie with her problems she was born with or had as a baby chick. I have no regret with her passing, given her age. She has a special resting place in my yard under her nearest window in the sun next to her cage location. I bought a pyramid from a garden shop as a grave marker for her with birds and leaves on it, and for every bird of mine who follows onto the next life. This will be their marker in my garden. :rip: sweet one, you will go onto another life :cloud9: :flowers:

This post has been edited by Jo!: 24 March 2011 - 03:21 AM

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users