#1 User is offline   Solace. 

• Fledging Tiel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNSW, Australia
  • tielskept:

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

I know I don't come here as often, but I am excited and had to share my news!

I have not had any luck breeding my Budgies (I have 6 at the moment), so I am hoping with some new "bloodline" I will have better luck in the future with breeding!

My friend breeds Budgies and her pairs currently have 22 baby Budgies right now, they are around 2 weeks old. There is yellows, violets, blues, greens and greys. :cloud9: I am going to be getting a couple of Budgie babies off of her, I am looking at between 5-10 babies. I am organizing to go and have a look at them soon, and if my friend doesn't mind I will try get some photos. B)

PS: Don't worry, there won't be any inbreeding, I will make sure pairs are not related when they will eventually be paired for breeding.

This post has been edited by Solace.: 02 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

The Cockatiel Flock: Mishka, Quinn, Rosalie, Charlie, Larry, Shiro, Emmit, Freddy, Tilly, Mali, Ella, Theo, Basil, Sage, Lyra, Snickers, Sorcha, Jayda, Zues, Bio & 14 Cockatiel Chicks

#2 User is offline   Catherine 

• Global Moderator & Premium Member
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Premium Global Moderator
  • LocationBrisbane
  • tielskept:

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

I am looking forward to those pictures.
I have 3 pairs in breeding cages right now. I have not observed any constructive action other than a lot of nesting material being thrown out of the nest boxes.
She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

#3 User is offline   tial_lover 

• Egg
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMelbourne
  • tielskept:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Catherine budgies do not need to have any nesting materials when breeding I have been breeding them for over a year now and never used any materials all they do is chomp on the nest box in side and get wood shavings.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users