• Tiel Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUSA
  • tielskept:
    one

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Attached File  happy bird-th-day, SunnyMuffin 2013 008.JPG (1.05MB)
Number of downloads: 14[attachment=836:Fall, 2012 078.JPG

Here are my two precious little buddies! Sunny, my cockatiel is approximately 2 years old. Muffin is also 2 years old! They are the joy of my life!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by razzmatazz: 25 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

#2 User is online   Paul 

• Gold Post Award
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationHazelbrook, NSW Australia
  • tielskept:

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Sunny's a little cutie :wub: Are they both housed together?

Posted Image

For Lovers Of Tiels

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 User is offline   razzmatazz 

• Tiel Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA
  • tielskept:
    one

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hi, Paul. I'm pleased to meet you. No, Sunny and Muffin have their own cages. I am a firm believer of keeping tiels and budgies in separate cages and apart, because from all the years of homing both species, I have found each has their own behavior and interests. I also feel that tiels are more or less annoyed with budgies when they are housed together. Budgies are hardy little birds that love their mirrors and toys, their chattering, talking, etc., and are quite active. On the other hand, IMO tiels just don't pay much attention to budgies because they are busy with their own behaviors, whistling, talking, eating, etc. etc. My lease will not allow me to let my birds fly free. I wish that were not the case, but when you must rent your home, you must abide by the rules.

Their cages sit side by side. Muffin simply loves Sunny, and watches and listens to everything Sunny does. If Sunny makes a whistle, then Muffin makes the same whistle in his little "budgie voice"! Too cute! They are the joy of my life. Both LOVE music, and I entertain them almost every day, playing my piano keyboard! Sunny is my #1 fan! When he hears a song he likes, he lets me know it by cheeping and whistling! :violin:

You have a gorgeous flock! They are beautiful/handsome for sure!

This post has been edited by razzmatazz: 27 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

#4 User is online   Paul 

• Gold Post Award
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationHazelbrook, NSW Australia
  • tielskept:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

View Postrazzmatazz, on 27 December 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

Hi, Paul. I'm pleased to meet you. No, Sunny and Muffin have their own cages. I am a firm believer of keeping tiels and budgies in separate cages and apart, because from all the years of homing both species, I have found each has their own behavior and interests. I also feel that tiels are more or less annoyed with budgies when they are housed together. Budgies are hardy little birds that love their mirrors and toys, their chattering, talking, etc., and are quite active. On the other hand, IMO tiels just don't pay much attention to budgies because they are busy with their own behaviors, whistling, talking, eating, etc. etc. My lease will not allow me to let my birds fly free. I wish that were not the case, but when you must rent your home, you must abide by the rules.

You have a gorgeous flock! They are beautiful/handsome for sure!

Pleased to meet you too Razzmatazz Posted Image My situation is very different from yours as my birds are mostly outside in 3 separate aviaries. In my walk-in-aviary I have tiels, red-rump grass parrots and budgies and they all seem to get along very well. I'm not really a big fan of budgies but, when my dad died a couple of years back, I didn't want to give his budgies away and knew I could give them a good home.

What does IMO mean?

And thank you, I love my birds :tielkiss2: :whiteface: :tiel2:

Posted Image

For Lovers Of Tiels

#5 User is offline   razzmatazz 

• Tiel Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA
  • tielskept:
    one

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Hi Paul. IMO means: I am of the opinion. You will notice when I post, I try to give "suggestions", or "opinions", because, I feel that it really is up to the caregiver to decide what is the best way to keep and care for their bird(s). I can fully understand that you would be able to let various species fly free in your big aviaries. I sure wish I could have such a setup, and your beautiful Australian weather and scenery to enhance my life. It was kind of you to take your Dad's budgies when he died. I extend my "late sympathy" to you at his loss. No matter how old or young our parents might be when they pass, it is heartbreaking to have to say goodbye to them. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!! And I'll be watching for your posts and pics of your gorgeous flock!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users