• Tiel Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUSA
  • tielskept:
    one

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Awww! They are very special! The baby is soooooooo sweet, and looks alot like Mom! Big Bird looks like my Sunny! I have to share with you that years ago I had a yellow tiel with black eyes (not a Lutino because they have red eyes), that I also named Big Bird. He was an unsually big tiel, and when I brought him home I looked at him and decided Big Bird would be a perfect name, and also I named him after Big Bird on Sesame Street!

Your Big Bird looks very healthy. And only my opinion, but I really think that the baby is too young yet to be paired up with Big Bird. She is still growing. As I had written in another post, usually, about two years of age is a good age to breed a cockatiel. Thanks for sharing the pics! I LOVE all of your babies!

#3 User is offline   cbbrown 

• Egg
  • Pip
  • LocationUnited States
  • tielskept:

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Thanks, I love them already. I've been trying to tame them, they will eat out of my hand but don't trust me just yet. I told my mother in law what you said and she agrees so thankfully that has been put to rest. Baby Bird will be getting her own cage next time i get paid. That is so cool you had a bird named Big Bird too, Big Bird was named by my mother in law's little girl.

#4 User is offline   razzmatazz 

• Tiel Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA
  • tielskept:
    one

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

Well, I'm happy your mother-in-law took my suggestion to you because I do believe that Big Bird and your baby would not be a good match. I'll bet her little girl may have named her Big Bird from Sesame Street as well. You know, I named my Sunny . . . Sunny Day, after the Sesame Street song. And I announced his arrival to my home with a video that I found on Youtube (the Sunny Day Sesame Street Song), to all of my friends! Sunny goes by that name not by Sunny Day, but his little face looked just like the sun too me, with his yellow face and big orange cheeks, so Sunny Day he is!!

I could just reach right through my computer screen and give them all a hug, especially that precious little baby. My thought is the baby is a girl. Here is some info about that mutation. The baby looks to be a cinnamon pearl pied. By that I mean she/he has yellow white and grey feathers, with the sweet little yellow face and grey crest. (the top of the head). If the baby is a male, at about a year old, when the first hard molt comes, then those beautiful pearls that are on her wings will lighten up alot, and some may even disappear. If that happens, then it is a male. If the pearls stay with the baby at the first hard molt, then it is a female. The mama looks to be a beautiful cinnamon yellow face pied pearl in my opinion. You will note that the mama's face and head are all yellow, whereas the baby has the pied feathers (white grey and yellow) on its face. The baby has taken on alot of her DNA from the looks of both of them. I love the cinnamon and pearl mutations. I just think the coloring of the feathers is so beautiful. The dad looks to be normal grey like Big Bird!

This post has been edited by razzmatazz: 13 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users