Totally Tiels: Hello and new cockatiel too much attached question? - Totally Tiels

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello and new cockatiel too much attached question?

#1 User is offline   optimisticStar 

• Egg
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUSA
  • tielskept:

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

Hello,

I got 2 male cockatiels yesterday from a breeder. Before buying, they allowed me to spend some time with the cockatiels. There was this one cockatiel who got attached with me (Charlie) and was not ready to leave me. I liked the other cockatiel (Oliver) and when I was buying it, the one who was liking one wanted to come along so I bought both of them.

Charlie always wants to play around with me and is never happy to stay inside the cage. Whenever I pass from besides the cage, he keeps jumping inside and indicates me that he wants to come out and play with me. This goes on during mid night as well and he never wants to sleep. I tried switching off the lights and started a small lamp so he can sleep, but he gets scared and starts yelling. I tried covering them with a light cloth and with that as well, he gets scared.

Did anyone of you ever face this? What should I do? I cannot be with him entire day since I have to go to work. I did take them out to play today evening for 2 hours.

This is my first time experience with cockatiels. Please suggest.

#2 User is offline   Donnasjb 

• Tiel Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMelbourne
  • tielskept:

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

Have they got safe toys and branches that they can amuse themselves with, also fresh verges they can pick at. My Jac loves the grasses and an apple or corn cob that he spends hours eating and shredding.

Think of safe things to give them so they can amuse themselves while you are out earning the money.

Good luck
Donna

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users