dying teil?

#1 User is offline   kinetic 

• Egg
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationEngland Sunderland
  • tielskept:

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:30 AM

Hi there I'm David new to the forum. My teils name is Bobby.

In early May when I was out with my wife Bobby had an accident. My stepfather accidentally Jammed him inbetween the top of a door and frame. He looked terrible and I took him to an emergency vet. He was given painkillers and the vet thought he had suffered bruising to the body. Bobby wouldn't eat at first and looked really shook up. But after a couple of days after trying him with a millet he started to eat again. Bobby has never been the same since the accident and never talked again. He would whistle but only very rarely. Since the accident he has drank far more water than usual and he has excessive urine that has a foul smell to it. He had a culture done around a month after accident and it came back clear. The vet said to take blood and do an x Ray to find out for sure what's wrong would require him out to sleep which the vet said could kill him. The last week or so he has now become even less vocal and sleeping all of the time. He squints his eyes allot. I've also noticed the top of his breast to stick out and his lower breast sunken in and throbbing action around the vent. He is still eating and drinking but allot less interested than he was. I'm very worried for him now I don't know what to do next. I have some byril antibiotics but I'm frightened to give him them in case he hasn't got an infection and I kill him. Any kind help would be much appreciated thanks

#2 User is offline   kinetic 

• Egg
  • Pip
  • tielskept:

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

Forgot to mention he can Still fly after the accident. I also have a 16 month old son that runs riot around the house. I had to move bobbys cage into next room but that wasnt long after accident. Could he Still be terrified or does the problem sound allot more serious?

#3 User is offline   kinetic 

• Egg
  • Pip
  • tielskept:

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:05 AM

Update: I have started giving Bobby baytril antibiotics as from Sunday. It seems he must have had some sort of bacterial infection as his condition has massively improved. My only concern though still is when he is puffed up and content grinding his beak he puffs out his neck and sucks his stomach area right in and like a pumping action around the vent area. What could this be?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users